Open: Monday – Sunday & Bank Holidays: 9:45 – 17:45 (last admission 17:15)
Closed: 25, 26, 27, 28 December 2020, and 1 January 2021
Prior to your visit, please find some important information below:
- We are selling Self-guided tickets for the State Apartments only. These are available on a first-come-first serve basis and please note that tickets can sell out quickly throughout the day
- We are not offering any guided tours. Therefore, the Medieval Undercroft and Chapel Royal are not accessible during this time.
- Online tickets cannot be bought on the day of your visit but can be bought up to a week in advance. To book online please click on this link.
- A limited number of tickets are available for sale at the Ticket Desk, if you have a pre-paid ticket please make yourself known to staff when you arrive
- Credit card/contactless payment is advised
- Unfortunately, Heritage Cards are not available for sale at this time but we are still accepting them at the ticket desk
- Please keep to the hygiene recommendations. This means washing your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds, and using the hand sanitizer dispensers provided. Make sure you sneeze/cough into disposable tissues, alternatively into your elbow.
- Please observe the current social distancing measures and, if necessary, wait before entering a particular room or area.
- In the interest of safety, we cannot allow group visits
- As we open back up to the public your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount. Visitors must queue to enter the building and this includes those who have pre-paid tickets
- Lockers are currently unavailable; we cannot store luggage/baggage during your visit and ask visitors to travel lightly
- For those with mobility issues please consult a member of staff when you arrive and we will help you access the State Apartments
- Food & drink are not permitted in the State Apartments
- Children must be supervised at all times
- There are no toilet facilities inside the State Apartments
Guided Tour (60 minutes) of the State Apartments, Medieval Section and Chapel Royal.
Senior (60+) €10
Student (valid student ID required) €10
Child (12-17) €6
Family (max. 2 adults & 5 children) €30
Visitors can choose to self-guide (access to State Apartments and exhibitions only). We offer brochures on the State Apartments in seventeen languages at the ticket desk as well as additional information resources – simply ask one of our guides at the information desk in the State Apartments.
Senior (60+) €6
Student (valid student ID required) €6
Child (12-17) €4
Family (max. 2 adults & 5 children) €20
The Heritage Card
Get free admission to all fee-paying OPW Heritage Sites in Ireland for one year from the date of first use with the Heritage Card! Heritage Cards are available from the ticket desk in Dublin Castle and represent great value: in Dublin, for example, you can get free entry to Dublin Castle, Kilmainham Gaol or Casino Marino with the Heritage Card. To see a full list of OPW Heritage Sites in Dublin and around the country, please click here.
The Heritage Card costs as follows:
Senior (60+) €30
Student (valid student ID required) €10.00
Child (12-17) €10
Family (max. 2 adults & 5 children) €90
Click here for more information on the OPW Heritage Card.
Dublin Pass will be accepted for a self-guided visit. To take a guided tour, Dublin Pass holders pay €3.
School visits are offered free of charge, however, advance booking is required. To arrange a school visit or to enquire about our workshops and other educational sessions, please contact us.
To find out more about our education programme or to see what education resource packs we offer, please click here.
General Group Bookings
Advance booking for groups of more than 8 people is required. Please contact us to enquire about group rates or to make a booking.
We offer special rates to tour operators for pre-booked tours (both guided and self-guided) for groups. Please email us for more details.
As Dublin Castle is a working Irish Government building, security, access to rooms and opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice. Every attempt will be made to advertise these closures on our website ahead of time, but we apologise for any inconvenience caused.