Self-guided Ticket Prices
Adult Ticket: €8.00
Senior Ticket (60+): €6.00
Student Ticket (18+): €6.00
Child Ticket (12-17 yrs): €4.00
Child Ticket (under 12 yrs): €0.00
Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2-3 children): €20.00
Open: Monday – Sunday & Bank Holidays: 9:45 – 17:45 (last admission 17:15)
Tickets for Guided tours are available to purchase on the day of your visit at our ticket desk. Tours run from 10.00am to 4.00pm daily
Online self guided tickets are available to book online from 14 days in advance.
A limited number of self guided tickets are available each day from our ticket desk.
- Please keep to the hygiene recommendations. This means washing your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds, and using the hand sanitizer dispensers provided. Make sure you sneeze/cough into disposable tissues, alternatively into your elbow.
- Please observe the current social distancing measures and, if necessary, wait before entering a particular room or area.
- Up to six individuals from the same household, or the same support bubble, can visit the State Apartments together.
- As we open back up to the public your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount. Visitors must queue to enter the building and this includes those who have pre-paid tickets
- For those with mobility issues please consult a member of staff when you arrive and we will help you access the State Apartments
- Food & drink are not permitted in the State Apartments
- Children must be supervised at all times
School visits are offered free of charge, however, advance booking is required. To arrange a school visit or to enquire about our workshops and other educational sessions, please contact us.
To find out more about our education programme or to see what education resource packs we offer, please click here.
General Group Bookings
Advance booking for groups of more than 8 people is required. Please contact us to enquire about group rates or to make a booking.
We offer special rates to tour operators for pre-booked tours (both guided and self-guided) for groups. Please email us for more details.
As Dublin Castle is a working Irish Government building, security, access to rooms and opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice. Every attempt will be made to advertise these closures on our website ahead of time, but we apologise for any inconvenience caused.