Come and join us this festive season to experience a cornucopia of festive magic of Dublin Castle at Christmas.
A free, non-ticketed event.
Set in the heart of the nation’s capital, Christmas at the Castle will have something for everyone, with a boutique open air Christmas Market, with entertainment in our festively decorated Spiegel style marquee among some of the festive offerings.
The historic courtyard of Dublin Castle will be filled with over 25 traditional alpine market stalls featuring an array of decorative crafts and inspiring gift ideas. Come and indulge in traditional fare sold by artisan producers and soak up the festive atmosphere. There will be also be a vintage carousel on site for children.
With over 1,000 years of history in Dublin Castle and plenty of festive food, crafts, music and entertainment – there will be something for everyone to enjoy this festive season:
- Boutique Open – Air Christmas Market
- Festive food and drink
- Artisan craft stalls
- Neapolitan Crib
- Festive Music Acts
- Vintage Carousel
- Complimentary access to the festively decorated State Apartments.
(12:00 – 20:30)
The 2023 indoor Irish Designer Market
8th, 9th, 10th and 15th, 16th, 17th December 2023
Open from 12:00 to 21:00.
Showcasing the very best of Irish design and craftmanship.
Shop for beautiful Irish design and handcrafts, from jewellery and ceramics to art and textiles. This market offers you the unique opportunity to find designer hand-crafted Irish design and buy directly from local Irish designers, artists, and makers.
Location: Bedford Hall, the eighteenth-century Palladian pavilion in the upper yard of the Castle.
Christmas at the Castle – Boutique Market Vendors
From 6th to 19th December 2023, from 12:00 – 21:00 more than 25 Craft Vendors will be housed in traditional style wooden chalets, offering artisan products produced by Irish artists.
Outdoor Vendors – Upper Courtyard
- Peter Gordon Photography
- Glasnevin Glass
- Inna Designs
- Alphabet Jigsaws
- Purple Cloud Natural Lavendar
- Oileann Jewellery
- Corleggy Cheeses
- The Seaweed Skin Company
- Afina Couture
- Nutty Delights Ltd
- Precious Amber
- Kildare Candle Barn
- Charly’s Cheesecakes
- Kokoman Krafts
- Cheese Raclette
- OrlDen Herbal Skin Products
- Banshee Jewellery
- Unique Oak
Food Vendors – Upper Courtyard
- Ciao Cannoli (V)
- Swing Grill & Smoke House
- Sweet Churro (V)
- The Crepe Box (V)
- Mani Pizza (V)
- Beanery 76
- Handsome Burger
Irish Designer Market -Bedford Hall – 2 weekends – 8/9/10 & 15/16/17 December
- Blue Bridge House
- Clover Woodcraft
- Sandia Dublin
- Sean Curran Art
- Studio Elke Westen
- Moody Hues
- Wild by Water
- Emma Higgins
- Wild Sióg
- Michele Hannan Ceramics
- Thin Line
- Retha Designs
- M.I.O Prints
- George Horn Ltd
Christmas at the Castle 2023 FAQs
- Important Information – *The event is subject to licence*
- Dates: Christmas at the Castle 2023 runs from 6th December to 19th December inclusive.
- Times: Doors open at 12:00 each day and market closes at 21:00 each evening.
- Age Suitability: All ages (Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent / guardian). Proof of age( photo I.D. may be required to purchase alcohol).
- Duration: average length of visit is 30 – 45 minutes.
- Please Note: This is an outdoor event. Please dress appropriately. We advise wearing flat shoes as the courtyard is partially cobbled.
- Dogs / Animals: No animals are allowed at the event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs).
- Accessibility: The venue is wheelchair accessible. Please note that the courtyard has cobblestones.
- Toilets on site: Male, Female & Universal Access are located in the State Apartments and are open throughout the event.
- Baby changing facilities: Located in the State Apartments and open throughout the event.
- Breastfeeding facilities: The La Touche Room will be available throughout the event. Please ask a member of OPW staff.
- Cash/ Credit Card: Please note there is no ATM on site. The nearest ATM is on Dame St.
- Buggies / Prams: Buggies and prams are welcome at Dublin Castle, but they are not permitted inside The State Apartments.
- Tickets: Tickets are not required for Christmas at the Castle 2023. If the venue reaches full capacity at any time patrons will be required to queue in lower yard.
- On-site Catering: Food and alcohol cannot be brought into the Event. There is a fully licensed bar and several food outlets available on site.
- Music Acts: Find out more here
- Craft Vendors: Find out more here
- Event Access: Entry to Christmas at the Castle 2023 will be via the gate on Palace Street (opposite 3 Olympia Theatre), Dublin 2 and exit will be onto Castle Street, Dublin.
- Last admission to the Event is 30 minutes before end.
- Parking: There is no parking on site. Private Car Parks and on street paid parking are located in the city centre.
- Contact: All enquiries regarding Christmas at the Castle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org