The Garda (Police) Museum is situated in the 13th century Norman 'Record Tower'. This is the last intact tower not only of the Castle but also of medieval Dublin itself and was once a top security jail for state prisoners.
In 1813, the Architect Francis Johnston rebuilt the upper section and added the battlements to match the adjoining Chapel Royal, then under construction. The Viceroy had access from the State Apartments to his gallery in the Chapel Royal through a connecting external Gothic passageway.
Admission is free of charge and by prior arrangement only.
Phone: 00 353 1 666 9998/9